Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sisyphus - Camila Jaramillo 10a

SISYPHUS





My name is Sisyphus; I am founder and king of Corinth. I am considered as a clever and rebellious hero in Greek mythology although I was punished for doing some things. First I cheat some of the Gods by steeling some secrets, then I was accused of the disappearance of Egina and later I almost die, fortunately I returned to earth and prove my wife chastity. I was chastised by working on the underworld with Ades, but I didn’t like it so I kept Ades on a closet for one day. I was reported by this action so I was punished on Tartamus for eternity. My punishment was rolling a rock uphill and then watched it roll down again.

Andrea Teuber. (1998). The Myth of Sisyphus. Retrieved November 26, 2007 from http://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/sisyphus1.html

Joel Skidmore. (1993). Encyclopedia of Greek Mythology: Sisyphus. Retrieved November 26, 2007 from http://www.mythweb.com/encyc/entries/sisyphus.html

Camila Jaramillo Salazar 10a