Thursday, November 29, 2007

IRENE TRUJILLO PERSEPHONE


Hi, my name is Persephone, in the Greek mythology I was the daughter of Demeter (goddess of agriculture) and Zeus (god of the gods, and the sky). At the time I was an adolescent, Hades (god of the underworld) fell in love with me, wanting me to marry him. Although my father Zeus agreed with the wedding, Demeter, my mother didn’t accept it. So, Hades caught me while I was looking for flowers in the forest and led me to his kingdom. When my mother went out in search of me, she never found me and remained very sad for a long period of time. All the plants died and hunger devastated the land. For this motive, my dad Zeus sends his messenger Hermes to look for me at the underworld. Hades obviously didn’t agreed with returning me back home, so he gave me just before leaving the underworld a bunch of seeds called pomegranate. I ate them and return to the underworld forever. Then, my father and Hades ended up reaching an agreement; I would spend half of the year in his world, and half with my mother. Finally everyone accepted and agreed with that solution. Is for this reason, that for the half of the year everything blooms, for the rest of it, when I return to the underworld, the winter arrives, there’s a lot of rain and ice. And that’s how the seasons were created, I became the queen of the underworld and goddess of innocence.
MICROSOFT STUDEND CON ENCARTA 2007