Monday, November 26, 2007

DAEDULUS AND ICARUS






Hi, my name is Icarus and my father is Daedulus, he was a great architect and inventor, we lived in Athens, unfortunately in never knew who was my mother. He is known for

Some of his creations were the wooden cow he constructed for the queen Pasiphae and the Labyrinth of the Minotaur at Knossos. He worked for the King Minos and the Queen Pariphae in Crete. Once he created two pair of wings made of wax and feathers to escape from the city and get away from Minos before he brought us harm. Before gave me the wings he warned me not to fly to close to the sun or to the ocean. Flying to close to the sky would melt the wax and the wings would destroy, and flying to close to the ocean would dampen the wax and the wings would destroy. The trip was successfully made and we flew over the city.
I really enjoyed flying and one day I began to fly and forgot that I couldn’t fly to close to the sun, the sun melted the wax that was holding together my wings and I fell to the Icarian Sea, where I died drowned. Some say Heracles that was passing through the sea found me dead and gave me burial. Daedulus spent the rest of his life escaping from city-state to city-state from Minos, that each time offered a bigger reward to the person who found me.


Sources:
No Author. DAEDALUS & ICARUS. (1999) http://thanasis.com/icarus.htm. Retrieved on: Friday November 23, 2007.

Eduardo Sánchez Arango