Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Atalanta


My father was Iasus or Schoeneus. I was the female athlete in Greek myth. I was also known for participation in male activities time having an aura of sexuality surrounding her. One of those participation was in Calyodonial Boar Hunt, I was the first shot an arrow to pierce the boar, so because of these Meleager gave me the boar's pelt. Unfortunaly my father wanted me to married, so I decided to make a plan that was to make a race and if I won I could kill the man, but if he won I need to married with him. That man was Melanion but he was in love with me so he wanted to win the race so he went to aphrodite and she gave him some apple so in the race I stop for taking the apples and he won.


By: Camila Zuluaga Garcia


Sources:

Mia Gibson, "atalanta", nov/27/2007

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/atalanta.html