Tuesday, November 27, 2007


POSEIDON Juan Pablo Valencia H.

My name is Poseidon and I am known as the god of sea, god of earthquakes and the god of horses. I was one of the six siblings that divided the power of the world and in the division I became the ruler of sea.
I am someone that does things depending on my temperament. When I am in a good mood I create new lands in the water and calm the sea, but when I am in a bad mood I strike the ground with a trident and cause earthquakes and ship wrecks.
I have a story that involves me and the goddess of war, Athena fighting for the city of Athens. Finally Athena won by giving the olive people of Athens the olive tree. In my anger over that decision, I flooded the attic plain. However, Athena and I worked together by combining our powers. Later I used my powers of earthquakes, water, and horses to inflict fear and punishment on people as revenge.
Finally I was the one who helped the Greeks during the Trojan War. I am an essential character in the study of Greek mythology.

SOURCES

www.pantheon.org/articles/p/poseidon.html AuthorPaige Sellers

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tqnyc.org/NYC063035/poseidon.jpg&imgrefurl